- I am
- Quality Policy
- How to come
- Guestbook & Reviews
- Contact Us
- Career Opportunities
At naturist hotel Vritomartis, we provide you with endless sunshine, wonderful fresh air, and complete relaxation. These will feed your mind and soul so that you will be refreshed and recharged. BUT……. we never forget that our guest’s bodies also need their daily ‘recharge’!
The chefs at naturist hotel Vritomartis are skilled at providing the highest quality of both local and international cuisine and pride themselves on creating anything from the simplest salad to the most extravagant banquet.
Good quality ingredients are at the heart of our menus and much of what is used is sourced locally, so local in fact that much of it comes from our own vegetable gardens, olive groves, and animals!!
We use only the finest olive oil from our own olive trees; vegetables and salads are picked daily from our gardens and fresh cheese is made from the milk of our own goats and sheep. Bread is delivered daily from the bakery in Chora Sfakion, the village just 2km down the road, and fresh fruit is also sourced locally. The majority of the ingredients we use are organic – only the best is good enough for our guests!
To give you some idea of what is typically provided each day:
(served in the hotel restaurant)
- A range of cereals that include freshly made muesli, corn flakes, bran flakes
- Fresh fruit – melon, oranges, apples, grapes
- Eggs – boiled, poached, fried, scrambled (all eggs used are from the hotel chickens!)
- Fresh yogurt
- Olives, tomatoes, cucumber
- Fresh bread – white, rye, and olive, and toast
- Croissants, pain-au-chocolat
- Fresh local cheeses – anthotiro, mizithra
- Jams, marmalade, honey
- Fruit juices – grapefruit, orange, cranberry
- Filter coffee, Nescafe coffee, hot milk, fresh milk, a variety of teas
- Bacon, sausage, beans, mushrooms, sausages (make your own ‘Full English!)
(served on the terrace under the moon and the stars with views to the heavens and the sea)
- A choice of freshly prepared meat and fish dishes (locally sourced)
- An amazing range of salads – international, Greek and Cretan
- Fresh Olives
- Pasta or Rice
- Fresh Potatoes
- Vegetables from our garden
- At least one vegetarian dish every evening
- A range of Desserts prepared by our chefs in the hotel kitchens
Food at our Taverna Pool Bar
Despite enjoying our excellent buffet breakfast, it is probable that the sun and the fresh air will, by lunchtime, make you a little “peckish”, and your evening dinner is still a while away. Fear Not! Our excellent Pool Bar Taverna is available to you from 10:30 until 19:00, with food being served from 12:00 until 15:00.
Here, on a cool and shady terrace, you are able to enjoy a glass of wine – local or international, some excellent draught lager beer or a range of soft drinks. We also provide for your enjoyment, freshly prepared food – whether you require just a snack or something a little more filling. Some examples of what you will find:
- Pizzas and Pasta
- Salads prepared from daily-fresh ingredients
- Sandwiches and Toasted Sandwiches
You will also find something a little more substantial available to you:
- Fish freshly caught from the Libyan Sea
- Local Cretan dishes
- Locally-sourced meat dishes
- Substantial Cretan Salads
- Potatoes and Vegetables
You will not go hungry at naturist hotel Vritomartis!
Food at Beach Bar:
There is a selection of snacks that we offer at our Beach Bar such as salads, pizzas, omelets, yogurts, ice creams and of course a range of soft drinks, beers, wine, coffees, and tea.
Whether you take a drink at the Taverna Bar or at the main hotel lounge bar, you will find the range and variety of soft drinks and alcohol that you would expect from an international hotel. Champagne, Whiskey, Gin, Vodka, Rum, Brandy, Liqueurs, Wine and of course the famous Greek specialties of Ouzo and Raki. All these and more are available to you.
Just one word of caution if you have not drunk Ouzo or Raki before……….. “Go Slowly”!